Environmental Health and Safety
Employee Leadership Helps Achieve Industry Leading EHS Results
At Donnelley Financial Solutions, we strive to continuously improve our safety and environmental performance. We do this by ensuring we have the programs, practices, and resources to help us protect our employees and visitors, and in preserving our environment. It means we want to achieve zero injuries and zero environmental incidents.
We start with a corporate EHS Policy applicable to all worldwide locations and that defines how we manage Environmental Health & Safety at Donnelley Financial Solutions. The results we’ve seen and the progress we continue to enjoy comes down to a single factor – our people. The employees of Donnelley Financial Solutions understand that safety and environmental protection is part of what each of us is supposed to do every day, every hour on the job. The dedication of our people to their own safety, the safety of their coworkers, and to the environment, is why we’ve seen higher and higher performance every year. We won’t be satisfied as long as any employee is hurt and we won’t stop working to reduce our impact on the environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the public, and to conduct all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. We commit to this policy worldwide as an integral part of being the world’s premier full-service financial communications and data services company. Senior Corporate management shall ensure alignment of Donnelley Financial Solutions worldwide business strategy and operations with this Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policy and confirm the commitment of Donnelley Financial Solutions to:
- Conduct global operations in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements, anticipate EHS issues and promote appropriate voluntary initiatives that support this policy;
- Strive for an injury free workplace through high employee involvement and a strong health and safety program;
- Minimize the EHS impact to our employees, facilities, and communities in which we do business.
- Strive to continuously improve global EHS performance by utilizing practices that protect employees and the environment, including reducing the quantity of emissions, developing opportunities for recycling and pollution prevention and using paper, energy, and other resources more efficiently;
- Partner with our customers to ensure that we manufacture, source, and distribute products that meet all applicable safety regulations;
- Train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner; and
- Review and report to the Executive Operations Management on a periodic basis the EHS performance of the global operations which may include the setting and review of EHS objectives and targets used to promote continuous improvement.
Furthermore, Donnelley Financial Solutions will undertake to earn the public trust by communicating about our policies, programs and performance, and by advocating sound laws and regulations. The Governance, Responsibility & Technology Committee of the Board of Directors has overall responsibility for endorsing the policies adopted with regard to EHS. The Organization shall review this policy with this Committee on a periodic basis. If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact the Environmental, Health & Safety Organization of Donnelley Financial Solutions email@example.com
Environmental, Health, & Safety Management Systems
To pursue our goal of zero injuries and zero environmental incidents, Donnelley Financial Solutions has developed and implemented a comprehensive plan-do-check-act EHS management system worldwide.The comprehensive management system Donnelley Financial Solutions has developed enables us to effectively control our global EHS impact using a model consistent with well-accepted international management standards.
Our Objectives: Protecting employees and the environment are the two key EHS objectives
At Donnelley Financial Solutions, we are proud of our commitment to the safety of our employees and to protecting our environment. Over our long history, as expectations in these areas have grown, Donnelley Financial Solutions has led the way in setting and striving for the highest safety performance and for the lowest environmental impact. Our objectives are to:
- Create an injury-free workplace
- Reduce emissions
- Develop opportunities for recycling and pollution prevention
- Use energy, water and other resources more efficiently
Preserving Our Environment: Environmental Management Systems Drive Key Accomplishments
We operate in an industry that may produce large amounts of pollution if we don’t manage our operations so as to preserve the environment. We’re proud that our management of environmental programs has achieved the following key accomplishments in Energy Efficient Offset Controls and Air Permit Compliance Program:
- We have achieved 90-95% energy savings through the use of effective pollution control.
- This energy savings has also allowed us to significantly reduce our emissions of greenhouse gases.
- We are currently managing permits for all affected facilities. These air permits require substantial reporting requirements, including mandatory self-reporting of non-compliance.
Our Results:Certifications and Safety Rates
The report card of our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe, environmentally sound workplace for our employees, communities and customers.
This page will provide you with our current key safety performance metrics.