Environmental Health and Safety
Employee Leadership Helps Achieve Industry Leading EHS Results
At Donnelley Financial Solutions, we strive to continuously improve our safety and environmental performance. We do this by ensuring we have the programs, practices, and resources to help us protect our employees and visitors, and in preserving our environment. It means we want to achieve zero injuries and zero environmental incidents.
We start with a corporate EHS Policy applicable to all worldwide locations and that defines how we manage Environmental Health & Safety at Donnelley Financial Solutions. The results we’ve seen and the progress we continue to enjoy comes down to a single factor – our people. The employees of Donnelley Financial Solutions understand that safety and environmental protection is part of what each of us is supposed to do every day, every hour on the job. The dedication of our people to their own safety, the safety of their coworkers, and to the environment, is why we’ve seen higher and higher performance every year. We won’t be satisfied as long as any employee is hurt and we won’t stop working to reduce our impact on the environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
Donnelley Financial Solutions’ commitment to our employees, partners and the environment is reflected in this Global Environmental, Health and Safety Policy (“EHS Policy”). We conduct our business responsibly in a manner that protects the health and well-being of our people, conserves natural resources and safeguards the environment for future generations.
We are a leading provider of financial and data solutions and service for investment and capital markets clients globally. We bring trusted expertise and innovative tools to our clients that power them to reach decisions with confidence. We have a relentless focus on continuous improvement that will drive our success at achieving the following principles:
- Meet or exceed our legal obligations to protect human health and the environment in all countries in which we operate.
- Strive to achieve a zero injury and incident culture by focusing on employee engagement, active accountability and providing a safe workplace.
- Minimize our reliance on natural resources by reducing our demand for energy.
- Educate and motivate our employees to work safely and prevent any harm to the environment.
- Integrate EHS considerations in all business activities.
- Partner with our clients, suppliers and contractors to leverage sustainability practices in the sourcing, production and delivery of our products and services.
- Maintain a level of EHS performance that has the trust and respect of our employees, clients and the communities in which we live and work.
- Consistently communicate our EHS policy and performance to our employees and ensure it is available to our clients and the public.
Our EHS Policy is implemented through an effective EHS Management System with regular reviews at all levels of the company, including Executive Management and the Corporate Responsibility & Governance Committee of the Board.
Environmental, Health, & Safety Management Systems
To pursue our goal of zero injuries and zero environmental incidents, Donnelley Financial Solutions has developed and implemented a comprehensive plan-do-check-act EHS management system worldwide.The comprehensive management system Donnelley Financial Solutions has developed enables us to effectively control our global EHS impact using a model consistent with well-accepted international management standards.
Our Objectives: Protecting employees and the environment are the two key EHS objectives
At Donnelley Financial Solutions, we are proud of our commitment to the safety of our employees and to protecting our environment. Over our long history, as expectations in these areas have grown, Donnelley Financial Solutions has led the way in setting and striving for the highest safety performance and for the lowest environmental impact. Our objectives are to:
- Create an injury-free workplace
- Reduce emissions
- Develop opportunities for recycling and pollution prevention
- Use energy, water and other resources more efficiently
Preserving Our Environment: Environmental Management Systems Drive Key Accomplishments
We operate in an industry that may produce large amounts of pollution if we don’t manage our operations so as to preserve the environment. We’re proud that our management of environmental programs has achieved the following key accomplishments in Energy Efficient Offset Controls and Air Permit Compliance Program:
- We have achieved 90-95% energy savings through the use of effective pollution control.
- This energy savings has also allowed us to significantly reduce our emissions of greenhouse gases.
- We are currently managing permits for all affected facilities. These air permits require substantial reporting requirements, including mandatory self-reporting of non-compliance.
Our Results:Certifications and Safety Rates
The report card of our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe, environmentally sound workplace for our employees, communities and customers.
This page will provide you with our current key safety performance metrics.