Environmental Health and Safety
Employee Leadership Helps Achieve a Zero Injury and Incident Culture
At Donnelley Financial Solutions, we strive to continuously improve our safety and environmental performance. We do this by ensuring we have the programs, practices, and resources to help us protect our employees and visitors, and in preserving our environment. It means we want to achieve zero injuries and zero environmental incidents.
We start with our global EHS Policy which is applicable to all worldwide locations. It defines our commitments and how we manage Environmental Health & Safety across the company. Donnelley Financial Solutions understands that safety and environmental protection is part of what each of us should do every day, every hour on the job. We won’t be satisfied as long as any employee is hurt and we won’t stop working to reduce our impact on the environment.
Global Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
Donnelley Financial Solutions’ commitment to our employees, partners and the environment is reflected in this Global Environmental, Health and Safety Policy (“EHS Policy”). We conduct our business responsibly in a manner that protects the health and well-being of our people, conserves natural resources and safeguards the environment for future generations.
We are a leading provider of financial and data solutions and service for investment and capital markets clients globally. We bring trusted expertise and innovative tools to our clients that power them to reach decisions with confidence. We have a relentless focus on continuous improvement that will drive our success at achieving the following principles:
- Meet or exceed our legal obligations to protect human health and the environment in all countries in which we operate.
- Strive to achieve a zero injury and incident culture by focusing on employee engagement, active accountability and providing a safe workplace.
- Minimize our reliance on natural resources by reducing our demand for energy.
- Educate and motivate our employees to work safely and prevent any harm to the environment.
- Integrate EHS considerations in all business activities.
- Partner with our clients, suppliers and contractors to leverage sustainability practices in the sourcing, production and delivery of our products and services.
- Maintain a level of EHS performance that has the trust and respect of our employees, clients and the communities in which we live and work.
- Consistently communicate our EHS policy and performance to our employees and ensure it is available to our clients and the public.
Our EHS Policy is implemented through an effective EHS Management System with regular reviews at all levels of the company, including Executive Management and the Corporate Responsibility & Governance Committee of the Board.
Environmental, Health, & Safety Management Systems
To pursue our goal of zero injuries and zero environmental incidents, Donnelley Financial Solutions has developed and implemented a comprehensive plan-do-check-act EHS management system worldwide. It enables us to effectively control our global EHS impact using a model consistent with well-accepted international management standards.