All Levels of the Organization Have an Expectation of Zero Errors
Customers and professional organizations recognize Donnelley Financial Solutions for exceptional quality in product and service. This is the result of building quality into our culture and how we do business. We are, and will continue to be committed to customer, shareholder, and employee satisfaction and we understand that quality is a key component of that commitment. Through policy, process, and accountability at all levels in the organization, Donnelley Financial Solutions has set an expectation of zero errors. Towards that end, it is the responsibility of each operating facility to plan, develop, and implement a quality management system that embeds the following quality principles into our organization.
Use Principles of ISO 9001:2008 to Manage Quality Processes
Donnelley Financial Solutions uses the principles of ISO 9001:2008 to manage Quality Processes and for the development, implementation and maintenance of effective Quality Management Systems. Many Donnelley Financial Solutions manufacturing sites have taken the additional step to certify their Quality Management Systems to ISO 9001:2008 and all DFS sites manage quality processes in accordance with Donnelley Financial Solutions Quality Management System requirements and the Donnelley Financial Solutions Commitment to Quality.
Donnelley Financial Solutions: Commitment to Quality
Donnelley Financial Solutions provides quality products and services that enable customers’ revenue generation, communication, transaction, compliance, marketing, and other vital activities and processes. We are committed to delivering quality that delights our customers, helps to increase shareholder value, and that reflects the training, dedication, experience and craftsmanship of our employees. Our objective and expectation is to provide defect-free products and services. Policies, processes, and systems of accountability shall be designed to support an error-free environment. Each facility and functional discipline shall plan, develop, and implement a quality management system that embraces these principles:
- Quality processes can and shall be continuously improved through the identification, measurement, and reporting of key and actionable elements of performance.
- Feedback from customers, employees, suppliers, and other constituencies provides valuable data that shall be analyzed and used to enhance our quality processes.
- Clearly defined and documented objectives support effective application and continual improvement of quality.
- Regular and effective communication regarding quality processes and performance is vital to continuing a culture of quality excellence.
Customer Satisfaction Drives Continuous Improvement Process
As one of our Global Quality principles, customer satisfaction is a key driver to how Donnelley Financial Solutions builds continuous improvement into the quality of our products and services. Ongoing feedback from customers provides valuable data that is analyzed and used to enhance our quality processes.
Processes used to solicit feedback on customer satisfaction include:
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Systems to Capture Customer Complaints
- Communications through Sales and Customer Service
Results of customer feedback are compiled and shared with our facilities for review with all employees and to look for opportunities to continually improve customer satisfaction.
Quality Metrics & Objectives Support Continuous Improvement Process
Donnelley Financial Solutions has a Global Quality Objective to ensure our facilities are in compliance with the Donnelley Financial Solutions Commitment to Quality policy. Clearly defined and documented objectives support effective application and continual improvement of quality. Key Quality Metrics are used to monitor compliance to the Donnelley Financial Solutions Quality Program requirements and statistical data analysis is done to engage in continual improvement opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction.
Our Quality Objectives include:
- Establishing standardized and effective processes for quality management
- Creating a zero tolerance mentality for errors
- Reducing the impact of errors to external customers
- Continually improving QMS through error investigation processes
Communication: Convey the Importance of Quality Through Executive Communications to all Employees
Regular and effective communication regarding quality processes and performance is vital to continuing a culture of quality excellence. Donnelley Financial Solutions top management communicates to all employees on an ongoing basis, concerning:
- The importance of meeting customer requirements
- The importance of meeting regulatory & statutory requirements
- Quality program status and effectiveness
- Quality Metrics and opportunities for improvement
Donnelley Financial Solutions believes that employees at all levels of our organization are responsible for Quality and through regular communication and their involvement, we can continue to improve our quality processes and ensure we meet our customer’s expectations.